Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thoughts on the Southern Oregon Coast

Oregon at last!  The coast here in Southern Oregon doesn’t look real.  The trees and rocks and bushes and things I could get close to are obviously real trees and rocks and bushes. But when I stopped at the Indian Sands Scenic Overlook in Samuel H. Boardman State Park, and looked off up the coast, what I saw looked like a painting by one of the old masters.  There are great rocks sticking up out of the ocean, just about ten to fifty feet off the shore (that’s just a guess and it might be all wrong--I was never good at estimating distances by eye.).  At first sight, there doesn’t seem to be any movement; I had to wait and look closely to see the surf pounding on those stones.  There are trees off on the slopes of the hills, but again, I couldn’t see any movement.  The mist over everything helps set the illusion.  It looks like a perfectly calm day with mist rolling in on the countryside.
Here are some pics I took along the Southern Oregon coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment